Deakin Trucks has been servicing Hawkes Bay since the late 1950’s in the small seaside town of Clive. Starting out from home, Ned Deakin spotted a hole in the market for a truck wrecking business as there was a noticeable reluctance from truck dealers to accept trade-ins at the time.

In 1963, Deakin Motor Parts was incorporated as a company. The location was eventually outgrown and in 1977 the decision was made to move to bigger premises on Omahu Road in Hastings.

In 1992 Deakin Motor Parts acquired the Isuzu Trucks dealer franchise and a name change to Deakin Motors Ltd to reflect the changing nature of the business which includes a fully certified Isuzu workshop, transport engineering workshop and recently added panel and paint shop.

In 2016 Deakin Motors was re-branded as Deakin Trucks to emphasise the focus we have on the transport industry and ensure that we are always front of mind when people think “trucks”